The Mother Lodge of Scotland   

HomeRight Worshipful MasterHistory of the Mother LodgeThe Mother Lodge MuseumMother Lodge TempleMother Lodge SouvenirsWorking PlanProvincial Grand LodgeSign our Guest BookContact The Mother Lodge

 
   
     
  The Lodge Office Bearers The Kilwinning No.0 Social Club Mother Lodge Visitations News from the Mother Lodge Mother Lodge Movie Clips Mother Lodge Links  
     
 

The Mother Lodge Temple  was consecrated in 1893 and Lodge meetings are still convened here on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every Month.  Lodge Mother Kilwinning No.0 meetings - working plan.

 
Mother Kilwinning Lodge Room



Lodge Mother Kilwinning No.0 Temple Lodge Room

 

From 1140 - 1560 the masons met in the Chapter House, in Kilwinning Abbey. However after the reformation, when the Abbey was destroyed, they met in local houses, the most famous one being  known as "The Masons Howf ", situated at the Old Cross in Kilwinning. They were later given permission to use the Earl of Eglinton's Courthouse in the town. Then thanks to the generosity of the Earl of Eglinton, in 1779 the Old Lodge was built at the entrance to Kilwinning Abbey. Regrettably this fell into disrepair and in 1893, the present day Lodge was consecrated, by the Hon. Thomas Cochrane, M.P., R.W.M, of the Mother Lodge, and as such the P.G.M. of Ayrshire.

 
R.W.M. Bro. Thomas Cochrane



Thomas Cochrane


 

Continue to the next page...

 

 
     
 

 
 

Email Webmaster Privacy Statement Terms & Conditions Sitemap Mother Lodge Shop